It’s not very smart to piss off a guy who thinks about killing people for a living.
draw your swords (listen)
i’m all quivering shaking and shuddering from the love i feel for her, either when i sleep or when i stay up. such is my fear of dying from this love that i can’t envision how to speak to her. i will remain her servant two or three years perhaps, before letting her know my feeling.
(001) hello night — zoe keating
(002) simple man — alessi’s ark
(003) i’ll drown — sóley
(004) skin — zola jesus
(005) draw your swords — angus & julia stone
(006) rake — sufjan stevens
(007) damaris (st george’s church acoustic mix) — patrick wolf
(008) gallows — cocorosie
(009) no mercy for she — yann tiersen & shannon wright
(010) death is only a door — tom tykwer
A little hope is effective, a lot of hope is dangerous.
Consider every wretched hive of depravity and murder in this city, my place of business. Unless of course, you don’t really have the stomach for the sort of thing I do.
Is this real? Am I here? Wake, wake up.
I’d like to think this isn’t weakness or evasion, but a final act of kindness.
right to my bones (listen)
this is how she now believes life happens. one small thing at a time. a series of inconsequential junctions, any or none of which can lead to salvation or disaster. there are no grand moments where a person does or does not perform the act that defines their humanity. there are only moments that appear, briefly, to be this way.
(001) apparition — patrick wolf
(002) fantasy — the xx
(003) the pioneers — tunng
(004) solace — f y f e
(005) life size ghosts — mt. wolf
(006) keep the streets empty for me — fever ray
(007) walker — cascadeur
(008) show — beth gibbons & rustin man
(009) woods — bon iver
(010) first snow — clint mansell
What’s the worst word you can possibly imagine?
I never know how. I only know who.
I knew it would begin with the end, and the end would look like death to these eyes. I had been warned.